All of the big accounting firms have what they call a summer leadership program where you fly out for 2-3 days for a leadership-type conference during the summer. It's basically a way for us to get to know the firm, and for them to decide if they would want to bring us on for an internship a year later, and potentially a full-time job the year after that. I thought it wasn't really a big deal, but apparently this program is harder to get into than getting an internship position!
Anyway, I applied for the leadership program with five different firms and had my interview with the first firm, PwC, last Friday. I must have done something right in my 45 minute interview because I got a call today about going to San Francisco for final round interviews!
So, what does it mean? They will fly me in on March 21st for a few hours to tour the offices, get to know some people, and have another interview. Nervous? Most definitely. But also very excited? Most definitely.
Amidst our midterm week that seems like finals week where all I do is study, I sometimes wonder why in the world I did this to myself. But then, trips and opportunities like this make it all worth it!
Here's to hoping this, and my other 5+ interviews this month go well!

GOOOO JESS! you're amazing!! :)
ReplyDeleteYeah Jess! Hope it's a blast!
ReplyDelete