Are you ready for this long post? It'll be worth it, I promise!
For a long time, my roommates and I have always talked about how we should go on a road trip to Disneyland one weekend. Elise asked me a few weeks ago if I seriously would go on the adventure if we went over MLK weekend. I got pretty excited but wasn't sure if it would really happen. Things weren't working out but then on the Monday before the 3-day weekend Elise got serious about it and made plans. After cramming homework in we left at 10:00 Thursday night to head to St. George.
For a long time, my roommates and I have always talked about how we should go on a road trip to Disneyland one weekend. Elise asked me a few weeks ago if I seriously would go on the adventure if we went over MLK weekend. I got pretty excited but wasn't sure if it would really happen. Things weren't working out but then on the Monday before the 3-day weekend Elise got serious about it and made plans. After cramming homework in we left at 10:00 Thursday night to head to St. George.
We got into St. George at about 2:00 AM and woke up three hours later to hit the road again. This is us at the beautiful hour of 2:30 AM.
We made it to Newport Beach at about 10:30 Friday morning and enjoyed a day of pure bliss at the beach. We played frisbee, football, ate a picnic on the beach, and loved every second of feeling the warm sun on our faces and sand in between our toes.
And then, we rented little beach cruisers for an hour and rode them along a pathway down the beach. I literally was in heaven. I loved every single second of that ride and would do it every single day if I could!! It was perfect.
After a perfect day at the beach, we went and checked into our hotel, went swimming for a little while, showered and got ready, and then went and got some dinner at Big Al's. Pretty good food for some very hungry college students!
After dinner we decided to hit up Downtown Disney. Walking down the streets, listening to all the music, and wandering through all the fun little stores was a perfect way to end our evening. We got all our souvenirs and just enjoyed being in Cali!
On Saturday morning at 7:56 AM our day of magic began at the Happiest Place on Earth! We arrived nice and early in order to get some of the best rides done before the crowds hit. We loved running around to the next ride and soaking all the fun of Disneyland in. I haven't been since I was eight so it was a joyful reunion for me.
Splash Mountain
Star Tours
And we of course had to get a picture with Cinderella; our day would not have been complete otherwise!
After riding rides all day and eating some wonderful food, we enjoyed every second of the Disney Parade and incredible firework show. Fourth of July fireworks are awesome but this show was absolutely amazing.
On Sunday we went to church with Elise's grandpa, walked around the Newport Temple, and then hit the road to drive back to St. George. Nate's aunt and uncle were so gracious to let us stay there and we loved them! They fed us wonderful food and played some great games with us.
This morning we had a great breakfast and then went to the crack (mini version of the Narrows) before driving back to Provo.
All in all, this road trip was one of the best adventures I've had in a long time! It was so fun to go vacation with friends and just get to do whatever we wanted to do. The beach was a dream and Disneyland was simply magical. And spending it with some of my best friends made it that much better.
Hurray for college road trips!
Love this post. Just brought back the DREAMINESS of that trip. :)
ReplyDelete