Well, life is pretty great!
Last week I got asked to run on a relay team from Provo Temple to Salt Lake Temple.
Our team had five members to run a little over 58 miles.
We started the race just wanting to finish and have fun.
But, when Natalie started us out with a great lead,
and Jordan dominated his first leg (6 miles in under 36 minutes)
we started getting competitive and thought that maybe we could win the whole thing!
After Casmin ran her leg, it was my turn.
I actually started up in Cedar Hills and ran to the church by the Alpine roundabout so it was kinda fun to run where I'm used to.
My leg was four miles and I ran it in a little under a 9-minute mile pace, which is pretty good for me since on my usual runs I go about 10-minute miles.
Allie went up and over Suncrest, and she did amazing up those killer hills!
We kept making our way across the valley, kinda following the mountain line.
My next leg was supposed to be eight miles but I started at too quick of a pace and just didn't have enough energy to keep it up.
Kinda disappointing but what can ya do?
Anyway, we did end up taking first place, and won a super sweet trophy!
Don't be too jealous!
I loved it though!
It was so fun to do the team thing and the atmosphere was just great!
I think I strained my hip flexor on the long run Sarah and I went on the Tuesday before though, and so this race was a little painful to say the least. That night and the next day I could hardly lift my leg even a few inches off the floor. I've never realized how much you use your hip flexor before. So, no more running for me for a few weeks and then hopefully it will be completely healed and then I can pick up on my long runs again.
Other than that, not much else is new. I'm just keeping super busy with school, work, homework, and fun. I also just have to say how much I love the college life! I just love all the random, fun things that come up in the daily life of a college student. That's what makes college so great!
My roommates and I are also having a housing crisis - we don't know where to live next year. We've been looking but it seems like everywhere is full. Anyone know of some fun complexes that still have openings?!
No comments:
Post a Comment