Monday, November 4, 2013

San Francisco and Harry Potter

Last weekend, I took a quick little trip to the Bay area with Tracie. She was out there for a Finance Society trip, so I decided I would fly out for the weekend to hang out and show her around the area. Why not?! After having some plane issues on the way out, I finally made it to San Francisco six hours later than planned. I made friends with an Asian student visiting from Texas A&M and we figured out BART and the CalTrain to make our way to Palo Alto. A friend picked me up and we hung out for a bit before meeting up with Trace and a group of friends. 

Rather than going to a haunted house, we opted to carve pumpkins instead. Trace and I did the cute little Snapchat ghost, in case our great artistic abilities weren't apparent enough :)


On Saturday, we went up to the city for the day! We rented bikes and just biked all around the city. It was so fun! It was kinda scary to be on the road with all the crazy cars, but we soon got used to it. When I've gone to the city other times, we've just gone to one part and walked around, but biking was a great way to see more of the city. Plus, we didn't have to worry about parking which was great!


We lucked out with an absolutely beautiful day in San Francisco!




 We stopped for lunch at Boudin and I had this delicious salad. It was heavenly. I love me a good salad!


All in all, our trip was a success! It was fun to see some of the friends I made on my internship and to just get away for a fun weekend. Crazy I will move out there in less than 10 months or so! 

Funny story, though. Our flight on the way home kept getting pushed back farther and farther. We showed up to check in for our midnight flight and learned that we could make it to Vegas, but we would be stuck there until the next flight went out to Utah the next morning. Basically, we were either stuck in SF or in Vegas, so we chose SF. Trace and I spent the night at the airport, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. It was cold and we kept getting woken up by announcements, a crazy Chinese woman on a cleaning crew, and the fact that chairs just aren't as comfortable as beds. Not quite so funny in the moment, but we can laugh about it now. Here's a beautiful pic of us at 4:00 AM - we thought it would at least be nice to brush our teeth and wash our faces. 


Good times.

So, you might be wondering how Harry Potter fit into this all? Well, my roommates and I had a Harry Potter date this past weekend! So. Fun. 

We all dressed up as characters, ate some delicious food, and then played Harry Potter Scene It. It was fun to do something different and I loved how well people got into their characters. I was Moaning Myrtle and my date was the Bloody Baron. If you love Harry Potter and are looking for a fun date, I would recommend this!




Love my fun roommates and their wonderful ideas! 

1 comment:

  1. I love Boudin. So delicious. We're gonna have these adventures pretty regularly next year right?? :)

    ReplyDelete