For those that know me decently well, you'll know that I've always been a pretty healthy person. My mom taught us healthy eating habits and I've follow suit. Yes, I definitely have a sweet tooth, but I try to eat healthy otherwise.
When I moved out to California for my internship, I quickly became best friends with another BYU intern. We have so much in common! Especially our love for exercising and eating healthy. She is more into eating healthy than I am, but we love to talk about food and share recipes with each other. Since then, I've tried branching out and making new healthy foods. Here are two of the things I've tried recently:
Butternut Squash Pasta
This is just a traditional pasta, but instead of using cheese and dairy for the sauce, you use butternut squash! All you do is roast the butternut squash and then blend it up with some water and other spices. I added spinach and left some chunks of butternut squash. It was delicious! A much healthier option that is equally delicious. Next time, I just need to make it with my whole wheat noodles and it'll be perfect.
Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers
This week, I made these delicious peppers. I mixed cooked quinoa, sweet potato, tomatoes, carrots, edamame, zucchini, and onion and filled up bell peppers with the mixture. You just throw these in the oven for 45 minutes and out comes heaven. I've always wanted to try them and I'm glad I did. Delicious!
In other news, last weekend I went to my very last football game as a BYU student. Kinda sad! It was a cold and rainy game, but it was fun to be there for one last game as a student. It's crazy to think that my first football game was five years ago!
This past week, I went with a group of friends to go see Catching Fire.
So. Good.
I thought it was very well done and I can't wait for the next one to come out!



No comments:
Post a Comment