Well, this past semester of blogging has been quite a fail... So, since the beginning of January, I've been in beautiful San Jose, California, on a winter internship with Ernst & Young. After 13 weeks, I only have one week left! It's crazy how fast time has gone by. When I first started back in January, I was a little homesick and wondered how I was going to make it. But then I made lots of great friends and have had a blast out here. The weather is wonderful and it's so beautiful and green.
I've been attending the Stanford singles ward and have really loved it! There are different friend groups here, as there are with any ward, but I've been able to get to know lots of awesome people. There's no way I could give a complete recap of all the fun things I've done, so here are a few of the highlights. I also have been slacking in my picture taking, so I'm afraid I don't have quite as many pictures of the fun things I've done as I usually do. I should get on that...
- We spent a few weekends in the city. I quickly learned that here, the city is San Francisco, not San Jose. So if you ever come out to the Bay area, there's a little tid bit of information for ya :) We went on a beautiful hike one weekend and then another weekend, we spent a little more time in the city itself, including some amazingly delicious ice cream at Bi-Rite. We also got to see the new lights on the Bay Bridge, which were absolutely picturesque!
- Attended a Stanford basketball game and realized how great BYU's fan base is! The stadium here was so small and was really empty too, as you can see by the bleachers in the picture below. The student section was also freakishly small. As crazy and annoying as it is to have to go early to BYU games sometimes, it really is awesome to go to a school where there is a lot of spirit and where the whole community comes and cheers on the team. Nonetheless, it was still fun to go to the Stanford game!
- Went to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield. Um, so cool! Because we went on a Saturday, the factory wasn't up and running, but we got to watch the videos of how all the candy is made and that was pretty cool. For some reason, I was just really, really excited to go. And it didn't disappoint! We got free samples and I bought some belly flops to share with my family. I'm planning on stopping there again on my drive back home, so I can see the Jelly Belly making process in action.
- Spent a weekend with my cute cousins in Selma, the raisin capital of California. We went to this ice cream place where we consumed the biggest ice cream sundae I've ever seen in my life. It had ice cream and sorbet and was delicious. Definite sugar rush.
So excited for this girl who will spend the next 18 months in Brazil!
- We went down to a place a few hours south of Palo Alto called Big Sur. We had lunch at a cute little cafe overlooking the bay and it was seriously so beautiful.
Then we went on a hike and stopped of at a beach in Carmel on the way home. Annnnd, went to a chocolate factory that Victoria's dad owns. Don't we all look so cute in our hair nets?!
Going to the chocolate factory was a dream come true. We got to hear all about the process and get the scoop on what makes good chocolate. And then, we got to taste test all the chocolate we wanted. If you know me at all, you will know that I loved every single second of that. And these chocolates are dang good, too. Lulu's chocolates if you want to look them up :) The sea salt carmels are heavenly and I also really loved the toffee and rocky road. Yummm. I want to go back!
You may also remember that I spent 11 weeks of my fall semester in a cast due to bunion surgery on both of my feet. It took a little while to get the movement back in my feet, but I am so happy to say that I've been able to pick my running back up! I live for my runs! Love, love running. I've signed up for two half marathons and Ragnar and am really excited for that.
I've always wanted to do Ragnar and I just put together a team that is going to be a blast to run with. Can't wait for June 21st! I also am going to run a full marathon in September as long as my feet and body hold up. Crazy, I know. I sometimes have to remind myself that I did just have two foot surgeries a few months ago and should be careful :)
Life is good though! I had a great conference weekend complete with a 13.7 mile run, taco night after priesthood session, conference breakfast with one group of friends this morning, afternoon session with another group, and a great Sunday walk afterwards. I've gotta soak up all the California sun I can before I head back to Utah!
That said, I am really excited to come home. I miss my family and friends. A lot. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss school too. College is such a fun time in life and I want to make sure I get the most out of it. My senior year is going to be the best yet!
Here's to the nine days left in California!



Ah! you make me miss living in the Bay Area! The weather and scenery really are the best, it sounds like you took full advantage of everything to do out there. That is awesome!
ReplyDelete-Kailin
hisherstories.blogspot.com
Hehe, come on, admit it, you really just miss McKay ;) Sounds like you've been having a blast out there - it's been fun hearing all your stories and adventures! School really is a fun time in life though (I kinda miss it). Loves! Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete