Even though Christmas was almost a month ago, let me just catch up on a few of my highlights via pictures. Ready? M'kay.
The week after finals, we had a little Jensen family reunion up at a cabin in Ogden canyon. All the family was able to come, except for one cousin and his wife and cute baby, who were with her side of the family.
Our Uncle Steve was even able to make it! We don't get to see him very often, so we love it when we do, as you can see:
On one of the days we were there, we went snowmobiling. I was worried there wouldn't be enough snow, but there was plenty when we got there. It was absolutely beautiful! And cold. Needless to say, we were all a little sore, so we made use of the massage train.
We also went on a sleigh ride to see some elk and enjoy the Christmas season. The ride was complete with dogs and lots of laughs. Here's most of the fam!
After all our cold adventures, everyone was pretty cold, so they took advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub. I guess the pool wasn't warm enough for them either, because they thought they needed some hot chocolate too. Since I was still in my cast and couldn't get in the pool, I thought, why not! Spoiled cousins :)
The cabin trip was way too short, but we definitely enjoyed all the good food, relaxation, gingerbread houses, and time with family. Love them!
Oh, and remember how I said it was cold when we went snowmobiling? Well, it was cold enough that Jenn and I managed to get frost bite on our cheeks! What the. You always hear about it, but I've never known anyone that's actually had it. Luckily, it wasn't severe. This dream of a pic was at its worst.
After our cabin retreat, I got to go to a performance of the Nutcracker with a friend up in Salt Lake. It's always been a dream of mine to go and it finally came true. I absolutely loved the ballet and definitely will go again. So fun!
Then, on Christmas Eve, I got my cast off!!!! It was one of the best part of my break. All in all, I spent 11 weeks out of the year in a cast. Boy was I happy to get my cast off! Goodbye and good riddance!
After a wonderful Christmas with my family, I went up to Yellowstone for a few days with my cousins, the Moons. We went on a snowcoach tour, only have our van breakdown and have to go back. Instead, we wandering around West Yellowstone. It's a fun town!
We also went snowmobiling again! There was tons and tons of beautiful snow up in Yellowstone; I loved it! We did get stuck in a bit of a snowstorm for a little while, but it was still fun. And I for once had hand warmers that actually worked, so that was a nice treat :)
My break was filled with lots of fun things, but it definitely flew by! Before I knew it, I was packing my car for my California adventure...









No comments:
Post a Comment