Well, once again, I am going to attempt to play catch up. But this time, via pictures.
For starters, I'm and AUNT!! Cosette had little McKay on October 1st. I'm lucky to live a few minutes from the hospital where he was born, so I got to go see him shortly after he came into this world. I am also fortunate to live a few blocks from them, so I have become a regular visitor to their apartment. I could cuddle with him all day long!
My mom sent me this adorable 'good luck with school' package. Isn't she the cutest?? I think so too.
A few weeks ago, some friends and I went up to Sundance for their moonlift ride. This happened to be a day after I had bunion surgery and could hardly walk, but it was so pretty! It was a perfect night and it was so fun to just be with friends.
Speaking of friends, I had our monthly swimmer dinner just last Sunday. Can I just tell you that I have some of the greatest friends in the entire world? Crazy that I'll known them now for over 6 years! I absolutely love that we still get together on a regular basis and catch up on each other's lives. Joining swim team my freshman year of high school was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made; some of my best friends have come from those years!!
And finally, what has been making life so busy? Recruiting. I am seriously so blessed to be in such a great program that provides a lot of job opportunities, but it sure is busy. I applied with Ernst & Young, Deloitte, and PwC for an internship, which will hopefully turn into a job when I graduate. I've been busy with dinners, socials, and interviews on campus. And then more dinners, socials, and interviews on my two fly outs to San Jose for second-round interviews. It's been such a blessing, but it's hard to try and juggle all my regular homework and group projects with them. And now, the waiting game begins. I have one offer and am waiting to hear back from the other two firms. Next time I post, it'll probably be with my decision of where I want to begin my career. Scary for being three semesters away from graduating!
Also, in honor of Thanksgiving, here are a few of the things I've been grateful for:
(1) The Gospel. I feel so very fortunate to have been raised in a family that was strong in the Gospel. I can honestly say that I have no idea where I would be without it. Yes, there are so many hard times where life doesn't seem to be going the way I want it to, but I am so very grateful for the eternal perspective the Gospel provides. I am so grateful to know that I can be with my family forever and that I will receive all the blessings I have been promised if I am obedient to His commandments.
(2) Fall Weather. I absolutely love fall! I love the changing leaves and all the different colors we get. More than anything, I want to go running in this awesome weather. The good news is, my cast comes off tomorrow. Running shoes, here I come!
(3) Speaking of casts, having this bunion surgery and being in a cast for 4.5 weeks has really made me appreciate the little things in life: walking without waddling, being able to walk up stairs without holding on the handrail, taking a normal shower, and putting pants on without having to sit. It has taught me to slow down in life and just appreciate the little things. I have also been blessed with so much kindness from people around me opening doors and coming up and talking to me asking what happened and just being a friend. Or people texting me asking how I'm doing. It's just nice to know that people think about you. Such tender mercies!



Thanks for the update :) For the record, we love having you as a "regular" at our place! We're crossing our fingers for you on the internship thing (even though it will make you an "irregular"). Loves!
ReplyDelete