Yesterday I ran my second half marathon and it was pretty great!
I ran the Provo River Trail Half Marathon and despite the fact that it was very unorganized, it was a good and beautiful route. I ran it with Kim Strasburg, an old YW leader and friend, and I'm so glad she was nice enough to push me. This one was slower than the one I did last year but I was able to go faster than I thought I would be able to go so that was awesome.
It was also kinda funny because when we were up at the top waiting for the race to start, I saw someone in one of the Lone Peak Swimming sweatshirts I had when I was in high school. Lo and behold it was my dear brother! A friend from work convinced him to run it last minute, so without any training he whipped out eight-minute miles! He went faster than I did and I trained. Boys are so lucky.
Almost to the finish!
Kim and I at the finish
All four of us at the finish. Apparently blue is the cool color to run it.
This is out of order but this is where I found my brother at the top.
And this is all of us before the race.


No comments:
Post a Comment