Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February?!

Is anyone else with me in wondering how February is already here?
I swear we were celebrating the new year just last week.
And now, we're already a month into the winter semester.

Speaking of, I just have to say that my semester is fabulous!
My other three semesters have been filled with time-consuming classes.
Not this one!
It's great to come home at 6:00 and be done with homework for the night.
Yes, I know I am lucky, but don't be too jealous. 
Next year will make up for it when I start the accounting jr. core and have no life.
Can't wait.

Not much else is new though.
My sister, Jennifer, went to her first high school dance about a week and a half ago.
She looked gorgeous and she had a fabulous time.
It made me miss good 'ole high school dances and having a good excuse to dress up!


I also just have to go on a quick little tangent about my great FHE family . . .
My calling in our BYU ward is FHE mom; I think it was because I wasn't a very regular FHE attender during my freshman year. But no matter why, that's my calling.
Last semester, my 'husband' was kinda burnt out of being an FHE dad which meant I did a lot of the work. I felt like I was always planning and conducting, and things were not organized at all. If you know me, you'll know that that equals a lot of stress in my life.
Anyway, the point of this is that our ward reassigned FHE groups at the semester.
And I absolutely love my new group.
My new 'husband' is organized - we have the whole semester planned out - and he was even early to our first FHE to make sure we had everything ready to go.
He's on top of everything and makes my calling ten times easier, and twenty times more enjoyable.
Besides that, we also have a great new apartment of brothers.
They are all tons of fun. No matter what activity we do, I know we'll always have a blast. 

I always heard about people who had the best FHE families in the world, and I was always jealous of them.
But now, I can say that I truly do have the best FHE group ever!
(My 'husband' and some of my 'sons' just happen to be in that basketball picture of my last post in case you were curious)

Yay for Monday nights!



1 comment:

  1. Hooray for awesome FHE dads! I'm glad your enjoying it much more now :)

    ReplyDelete