Saturday, June 30, 2012

Half Marathon and a Goodbye

Wow. Somehow I managed to fall way behind in the blogging world on what's been going on! Basically, even though I haven't had classes and am just working full time, I still manage to stay crazy busy. It's good though! And I absolutely love the summer months so life is happy.

About two weeks ago though, I went on a road trip to California! Sarah and I wanted to do another half marathon before she left so we decided we'd do one in Cali since she was going home at the end of spring semester. We were just going to go with the two of us but then decided to invite some friends along and make a bigger trip out of it. We ran our half marathon on the 16th and it was a perfect day in San Francisco - sunny and warm. Almost a little too warm for a race though.


It was a pretty course, but boy, was it harder than I thought it was going to be! There were a lot of stairs, some pretty hard hills, and even a little part where we were in deep sand. Sarah and I quickly learned that this would not be the race for time I was thinking it was going to be. I love races though, so I enjoyed it. I don't think crossing a finish line has ever felt so good though!

The rest of our trip we went canoeing, went to Santa Cruz and played some beach volleyball, went to Sarah's farewell, toured Stanford, played handbells, and spend a day hanging out in San Francisco. It was such a fun trip! Mostly, it was just fun to get away and spend time with friends and my sister. Road trips with friends are so great; I highly recommend them :)  Enjoy some pics!

 Sarah and I at Lake Tahoe
 Korea Restaurant
 Beach Volleyball!
 Sarah's house after her farewell
 Touring Stanford 
 Such a pretty campus!


 Pier 39 in San Francisco
Got my chocolate fix for the day :)

This trip also was the last time I really got to be with Sarah before she left on her mission to South Korea. I went to Cafe Rio with her and her mom and sister the day before she went into the MTC and then said our goodbyes. I still don't think it's really hit me. She's been my roommate all throughout college, so to me, she has been a huge part of my college years. It'll be weird to not be with her next year, but I am so excited for her and the experiences that she has ahead of her! She has been such an incredible friend to me over the years and I will miss her more than she will probably ever know.


Love you Sar-bear!!



No comments:

Post a Comment